march in the parade
It is the marching bands, performers, community groups, specialty vehicles, artists and volunteers who make this parade special.
The purpose of the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade is to provide high-quality entertainment through an enjoyable, family-friendly experience that kicks off the holiday season.
The Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade, a privately-sponsored event, invites participants based exclusively on their ability to provide appropriate family entertainment suitable for this cherished national holiday. While the parade respects and embraces the diversity of causes in our community, state and nation, it cannot be used to promote special interests, no matter how worthy.
The Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade organizers will not consider incomplete applications and reserve the right to make all determinations related to participation in the Parade on the basis of entertainment value. By submitting an application, prospective participants accept this participation policy.
In making decisions about participants, the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade considers whether prospective units :
- Represent the best the Carolinas have to offer, such as health, sports, prosperity, entertainment and/or the arts
- Promote tourism and enhance the marketing efforts of Charlotte’s Center City
- Exemplify the region's wide cultural diversity
- Present an attractive, cohesive, coordinated group appearance
- Add to the Parade's overall entertainment value
CCCP reserves the right to refuse entries that may be disruptive, overly loud or unruly or lack a theme, cause, or family-friendly message.
CCCP is seeking up to 16 marching bands to participate in the 2016 parade. This category is inclusive of woodwinds, brass, and percussion instruments and may also include auxiliary units of flags, dancers, majorettes, rifles, letter girls and pompom girls.The selection committee will extend invitations to the top 16 bands to participate in the 2016 Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade. Please see the application for more information regarding the High School Marching Band Competition Rules and Regulations.
Marching Band Applications are NOW CLOSED.
WBTV is the official broadcast partner of the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade and proud to celebrate the talent of some of the best regional marching bands as this year’s “Battle of the Bands” title sponsor. As Charlotte’s news leader, WBTV News is on your side with the most experienced local news team covering stories that affect your community, while WBTV First Alert Weather consistently delivers the market’s certified most accurate forecast. Share your Thanksgiving Day Parade photos with WBTV on social media using #WBTVandMe and download the WBTV News app today!
This category includes any units that are motorized or comprised of walkers and offers an excellent opportunity to let your creativity show. Units included in this category may include, but are not limited to:
- “Specialty vehicles,” such as antique cars, fire engines, carriages, race cars, etc.
- Dignitaries, celebrities and other VIPs riding in open vehicles or decorated cars
- Car and motorcycle clubs
- Community organizations or neighborhood groups
- Artists able to perform while walking
- Dogs and other tame animals accompanied by human handlers. Handlers are required to clean up any animal waste that occurs during staging, route and disband areas.
Specialty Unit Applications are NOW CLOSED.
This category contains dance teams versed in various styles of dance, including but not limited to: step/drill, Irish dance, and clogging. We are looking for teams that are both talented and entertaining. Dance teams may be assigned to a sponsored float or unit to enhance the entertainment value. CCCP will work with the dance teams to determine appropriate music and costumes.
Dance Team Applications are NOW CLOSED.
Floats are reserved exclusively for Parade sponsors. Units interested in promoting a commercial venture should contact the Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade for information about sponsorships.
SECOND CHANCE MARCHING BAND:
The Second Chance Marching Band is an opportunity for musicians to dust off their musical talents and relive their high school or college band experience! We’re building a community band that brings together musicians from across the Carolinas to march together in the Novant Health Thanksgiving Parade.
Sign up here, we’ll provide more information about music selections, auditions and rehearsals this summer!
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- May 2, 2016 Marching band applications due: Applications packets must be received by this date. Please allow enough time for shipping.
- June 3, 2016 Specialty unit and dance team applications due.
- July 22, 2016 Invitations extended to accepted specialty units and dance teams.
- November 4, 2016 Information packets sent to accepted units.
- November 24, 2016 Parade day
* Upon acceptance, all units will be required to complete and return a confirmation packet. Units that fail to do so will not be permitted to participate in the parade.
* Accepted units will responsible for their own transportation, lodging, meals, and other costs while in Charlotte.
For additional information of questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-332-9580.